- If you provide me any personal information via this website or by email, I will use and share your data to fulfil the purpose it was provided for, and nothing else. For example, if you place an order through my website, I will use your information to process payment and fulfil your order, and that’s it
- You will not be signed up to my newsletter or any other of my marketing without demonstrating consent. For example, the only way to subscribe to my newsletter is via the signup form or via the signup sheet I provide at markets; you will never be added to my mailing list by any other means
- Any and all personal information that you provide me will never be shown to third parties, for any reason besides my own legitimate purposes. For example, I may use some of your data in analysis of my traffic and sales figures, but I will never give your data to an unrelated marketer
- You may contact me at any time to request removal of any data I hold about you. Otherwise, I will not deliberately hold any personal data for longer than it is useful to my legitimate purposes
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. When placing an order on my shop, this process is simplified through the checkout.
If you contact me about a commission, a custom order or for any other purpose, you may also choose to provide me with additional personal information relevant to the content of your enquiry.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, such as providing and improving my services, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as Paypal and postal services. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I never share your personal data with marketers or use it for marketing purposes for goods or services not directly related to Katrina Sophia.
This website uses Google Analytics tracking cookies to analyse your browsing session and provide me with feedback on website usage, pursuant of my legitimate interests as outlined above. This data is kept for 26 months.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions – primarily, data provided in emails. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction.
If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to 1. my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and 2. receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Katrina Sophia, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me here.