If you follow me on Instagram you could see that the majority of work I did in February are line drawings. I carried my sketchbook and fine liner very close to me, and was able to find a little time to take them out and draw something whatever inspired me at that time. Being wiped out from driving for nearly 4 hours each way when we returned to London to clean up our previous property and hand over keys, I had to give myself a permission to skip two days of drawing and try not to feel too bad about it. I hope to make up for it by painting two extra pictures some point this year!
The collection got quite inconsistent in terms of topic because I have kind of lost my bearings as I got distracted and was only thinking about the new house. The drawings were quite random- from packing boxes to illustrative cat to house plants.
I did 7 paintings with watercolour, and oil before I got busy. I really like what I did with my Frida Kahlo painting, which was received well and I have sold two prints. I also like my watercolour Big English Breakfast piece that I painted from my own sketch in January!
My thoughts while being creative every day (almost!) in February:
- Trying to draw something and not feeling inspired while being super busy and distracted is pretty tricky.
- I really love drawing plants!
- Painting Frida Kahlo, I realised I’ve missed painting portraits (and I have been looking to book in some portrait commissions, get in touch if you’d like a beautiful portrait for yourself or as a gift!).
- I am so touched for the purchases of my Frida Kahlo prints. It is nice to have a bit of money to pay for canvases, which I realised that they actually cost a lot when I decided to paint with oil most of the time for my year of creative habits. Thank you!
- I could sense a decrease in excitement about my daily art from my followers and friends, I even lost a few followers (I try not to be too bothered about it!) and I worry that I disappoint. I also worry that I didn’t make enough effort to create something bigger or greater these days but I really feel that I tried my hardest. I am looking forward when I settle in fully and find my groove again.
I hope you guys enjoy my collection of random line drawings and I’ll catch up with you very soon!