This was what I was working on last month. It was so fun to paint as well as challenging since I rarely paint houses. But I’d LOVE to paint more commissions like this so if you happen to know anyone that are looking for their houses to be painted, let me know! Thank you.
This commission was painted with watercolour and a bit of acrylic. As usual, I was nervous to post it to my client and to my delight, she loved it so much.
We were still stripping wallpapers, painting walls and building shelves but as our to-do list got smaller, it got easier to stay creative every day. I managed to schedule my work wisely when I had a commission – I worked on my daily art in the mornings and commission for the rest of the day.
I did something different towards the end of the month when I took my colour pencils out and did mixed media paintings – watercolour, colour pencils and white gel pen, which I discovered that using these mediums together made my fruit paintings look even more realistic. Switching up mediums keep my daily project interesting.
There are still life drawings, i.e. the tulip sketch above and these herb drawings. Even though I am not brilliant at it, I enjoy it so much and I hope to find foliage outdoors to continue drawing from life this month.
My thoughts while being creative every day in March:
- I love pomegranates so much that I have painted it three times this year! I also made a video of me painting the latest one and uploaded onto my YouTube for the first time! I would love it if you take a look and subscribe if you are interested.
- The creative community over at Instagram is amazing. My art got featured on Maker’s Movement, Year of Creative Habits and Found Made Modern, and I am so grateful!
- I have found that if you are not inspired to create, it helps to stop and think about what is positive about your day. For instance, I had to spend most of my day in laundrette and I wasn’t exactly inspired when I got home but I remembered the positive bit, that there were so many beautiful plants in the laundrette so I drew this!
- It is amazing how the likes, comments and shares help my motivation massively – they keep me going when things get hard.
- This month I somehow have been striving for improvement. I found myself painting some subjects more than once, like these vegetable paintings.
I hope you are enjoying my daily art, especially my YouTube debut!